The card that almost wasn’t…..

Ok so its March and I am just posting my Christmas Card. I am really bad about taking pictures and uploading them but today I had a few other cards to photograph so I grabbed this one too.

 

I had seen a few cards made with the Reindeer Lights stamp from C.C. Designs and had to have it. I also loved the sentiment that went with it, Sparkly Wishes. Of course just that wasn’t enough I needed to get the Christmas Bulb border die. I decided this was what I wanted to do well before Thanksgiving. However, because I have horrible luck…by the time I went to order the stamps they were sold out everywhere! I stalked every website and was finally able to get them. Of course then the die was out of stock! Here’s where it got dicey. I placed an order for it and after 2 weeks it still hadn’t come, so I ordered it from another website and got the 2nd one before the first one :/ It was a nightmare!

I almost didn’t add the die to the card because by the time I got the die it was probably 2 weeks before Christmas and the string of lights took forever to do but I think the card needed it and I’m glad I took the time to do it.

I stamped the reindeer in memento tuxedo black ink on PTI white cardstock. I colored him in with my prismacolor pencils. (I have to look up the colors I used) I used Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas paper pad for the one strip of patterned paper. I used just about the entire pad of paper so I had different designer paper on different cards. Same layout and style. The base of the card is Crumb Cake by SU as are all the other papers.(Sorry I didn’t look those colors up either..I will and I’ll update this later)

Merry Christmas!

Once I had the reindeer colored, I cut him out with the scallop square nestability and popped him up on pop dots. I stamped the Sparkly Wishes and just cut that out and matted it on a red sheet of paper. For the string of lights, I ran the die through my big shot with black paper first. then again in each of the colors. Then I cut the bulb part off the string and glued them to the black string. Once THAT was done…I added stickles. I only had frosted lace so that’s what I used. I also had cherry cobble twine from SU that I tied around the card. I wanted to decorate the inside as well but after all that I had been through with this card I skipped it.

Isn't he cute?

I only made 50 of these cards. I probably needed a few more but halfway through assembly I ran out of adhesive. I didn’t have time to order it and when I went to the store to get it THEY WERE SOLD OUT! I had to use my Tombo Mono Multi to finish the cards. I was so done. Overall, I really liked the way they came out and I’m glad I didn’t throw them out when I wanted to 🙂

I have two more cards to share! All done, photos taken and uploaded so hopefully I will get those posts up in the next day or so!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s